STUDENT COUNCIL WINS OUTSTANDING HIGH SCHOOL 2010 (with Teens In Driver Seat)
|Merry Christmas & Have Safe Traveling|
Sunday, December 11--Student Council Christmas Party
at Mrs. Gibbs House--Dinner and presents (remember $10 limit)
Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Purpose of the Bronte Student Council is to:
- Develop good character, citizenship, scholar and leadership skills in students.
- Promote student participation in academic and extra-curricular school activities.
- Maintain and continuously improve good relations between the administration, faculty, community, and student body.
- Provide Community Service opportunities for students.
- Provide a democratic system and voice for the student body to express the thoughts/ideas regarding school guidelines, affairs, and activities of Bronte ISD.
- Promote a drug-free and safe school, school spirit, and school loyalty and pride within the campus and community.
|Vice President:||Jael Williams|
|Senior Rep:||John Deller|
|Senior Rep:||Harley Wallace|
|Junior Rep:||Brooke Bedford|
|Junior Rep:||Erika Puentez|
|Sophomore Rep:||Ty Lee|
|Sophomore Rep:||Megan Yackley|
|Freshman Rep:||Kolby Lee|
|Freshman Rep:||Josh Puentez|
|Jr. High Rep:||Logan Chumney|
|Jr. High Rep:||Ean Reyes|
|Council Advisor:||Mrs. Lisa Gibbs|
Bronte High School is proud to announce their affiliation with "Teens In The Driver Seat".
"Teens In The Driver Seat (TDS)" is a program started by the Texas Department of Transportation because teenage deaths related to car crashes have reached epidemic proportions. Their statistics show:
TDS is using peer-to-peer education to reach teenagers and warn them of the dangers of driving. The focus is on lesser-known risks common in young driver fatalities. The top 5 risks are:
TDS is working and growing:
To find out more about "Teens in the Driver Seat" go to www.t-driver.com